Thursday, January 19, 2006

Darkhoof's got new boots. Another great run into MC.

Our Wednesday Night raid into MC was another good one. Heck, they're all good.

Well, we did aggro a Surger and some Fire Imps, and then aggro'd some Fire Giants and a Core Hound, but when we had the bosses in our sights, Lucifron and Magmadar, they went down first tries.

Loot for Darkhoof this run was a pair of Earthfury Boots. I now have the head, shoulders, and foot pieces of the Earthfury set. Not only looking pretty cool, all molten lava flowing between the rock and metal, they provide a +10 yard range on my totems. I am still wearing 3 pieces of the Elementals set and that's getting me +50 armor still. And otherwise my gear is giving me +218 Healing. (And, yes, I'm still the top healer on the raid. :)

For anyone first raiding Molten Core, it so much more intense than anything else you've encountered. When UBRS to Drakkisith gets easy, Molten Core's first mobs, the so-called "trash mobs", will give you a butt whooping you won't soon forget. And then there's the actual bosses.

But it all gets easy. Every boss has a weakness, every battle a strategy. Every wipe is just one more step in the direction of victory. And, Good Lord, the epics sure are sweet.

No comments: