Wednesday, August 2, 2006

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Was playing some Battlegrounds last Saturday night.

Wasn't planning on doing much. Just wanted to get a little play time in. Hopped on the streetcar, headed into town. Yes, Germany may as well be 1906 when it comes to getting internet service at home through their cookoo clock making mentality. (Black Forest. Nobody makes an entire clock. Everyone only makes one certain part. The money maker is the one who alone gets to put it all together and sell it. Nobody is responsible, nobody really owns the final product. The clock works, but it's too expensive, and, it's 2006 now, so what?) Kabel BW: CAN I PLEASE HAVE INTERNET NOW? YOU HAVE NOT STOPPED ADVERTISING IT SINCE I'VE ORDERED. You can sell it, then provide it. Or, STFU, as we'd say in-game, and get the hell out of the business.

The connection there at the cafe is iffy, it's uncomfortably hot, but I figure I can 1) Sign up for Warsong Gulch there at the Outrider outpost in the Barrens, and then 2) ride into Elfland to go make some trouble.

I put on my spiffy melee gear and ride to Astranaar. Lucky for the locals, I didn't run into any of them. I cleared out the Silverwing Outpost, and then the tower by the Laughing Sisters. Then I reached Astranaar. I took out the two bridge guards on the east end. A mounted Alliance rides towards me. Level 59. He keeps riding. Then he pauses. Turns his horse towards me. I pull another guard and continue making short work on them. Now a Dwarf rides past. Level 60. He reaches his partner and both turn and ride on. I walk through Astranaar and slaughter all the guards. Wee. It's fun having epic gear. Before I reach Maestra's Post I'm called to Warsong Gulch.

I throw on a Lightning Shield. I ask for invites, AND SHOCKING SHOCKING! I get an invite. I didn't realize 60's did anything more than solo the BG's. Really nice. See, IT IS SO MUCH EASIER TO HEAL YOU WHEN I AM IN YOUR PARTY WITH YOU OR IN THE RAID WITH YOU. That's just for you tone deaf ones. Look: If you're not with me, I can't heal you.

I get /whispers asking if I'm going to keep playing. I don't know how much longer, but I have a goal: Friendly with the Warsong Outriders. !!! (I kid you not.) And I'm pretty close. Two guys from K N R chat with me. Two rogues, Evich and Eviloution. They're farming BG rep. I tell them I'm just glad to see that during my playtime hours (evenings Central European Time) my stateside server is active. And I need Rep too. They tell me anytime I want to join them I've got an invite. Cool.

I did a few more Warsong Gulches, and a couple Arathi Basins, and had a good time. And I reached Friendly with the Outriders. And I put my healing gear (8/8 Earthfury+ Staff of Dominance + +55 Healing enchant) to use, and my fighting gear. I am, in no way, burned out on WoW! Bring it on. Bring out your wounded. Bring on the enemy. ;)

4 comments:

Relmstein said...

Hopefully the next patch will allow you to get into battlegrounds no matter what time you play. I hear it will be next tuesday (aug 15) for the US and a week after for the EU.

Kinless said...

I've been having a rocking week in the BG's from the cafe, at my time. No complaints.

I even respecced 30/0/21 (Elemental + Nature's Swiftness) because I was doing my best damage casting Chain Lightning and hurting the enemy most by keeping teammates alive. I need better than an epic Earthshaker to go Enhancement and do melee damage.

Anonymous said...

"cookoo clock making mentality" dont you mean the Swiss?

Kinless said...

The Black Forest is famous for cuckoo clocks.

http://www.black-forest-shop.de/cuckoo-clocks_aol.htm

I think the Swiss make wristwatches.